United Home Life Insurance Company, doing business as Fountain Square Life Insurance, is dedicated to keeping the information we have about you confidential and secure. This notice explains how we protect your information, the types of information about you that we disclose and collect, and with whom that information may be shared.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to your information to those employees who need to know that information to provide insurance and financial products and services to you, such as to underwrite a policy, pay benefits or claims, or provide customer service. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. If you end your relationship with us, we will continue to safeguard your information as described in this notice.
The Information We Disclose
We do not sell your information. We may disclose information we collect about you without your authorization in some or all of the following circumstances:
- With non-affiliated third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf, such as agents, brokers, insurance companies, administrators, and service providers.
- With affiliated or non-affiliated third parties as permitted or required by law, such as for fraud prevention efforts or to respond to a subpoena.
- We may share identifying information (such as your name, address, phone number, age, and gender) with firms that perform marketing services on our behalf and other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
The Information We Collect
We collect information about you to provide better customer service, offer and administer products and services, and comply with legal and regulatory requirements. The information we collect varies by the type of policy or coverage you select, and may include information we receive from:
- You on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, date of birth, Social Security number, financial information, and health history.
- Financial institutions about your transactions with us or others, such as the products you purchased, cash value balance, payment history, and claim history.
- Consumer reporting agencies, such as credit history.
- Other persons or outside sources to verify your representations, such as your medical records, other insurance coverage, and employment history.
Accuracy of Your Information
We wish to maintain information about you that is accurate and current. You may request access to and correction of your information by writing to us.